About Breakaway Tuition
Is your child struggling at school?
Has the classroom become a place of anxiety or frustration?
Does your child struggle to get the information from their heads to the page?
Our mission is to help your child to BREAK AWAY from what is holding them back! We believe that every child is unique, talented, intelligent and capable and our tutoring reflects this.
Allow our team to revitalise your child’s sense of achievement, enjoyment and confidence within the classroom.
With a wide range of educational support services for all learners, including Adult Learner and those new to Australia, Breakaway Tuition has the educational solution tailored to your needs.
Located in Mittagong, our professional, qualified and passionate staff are waiting to provide your family with the help you’ve been searching for!
Why We Tutor
- We want every child to feel confident and capable.
- We love teaching and learning!
- We are passionate about putting the pieces of the puzzle together.
- We believe in the power of community.
How We Tutor
- Individualised tutoring, No groups!
- Personal learning plans.
- Specific skill sessions.
- 1 hour weekly session.
- Face to face support.
- In centre tutoring, centrally located in Mittagong.
- Ongoing email support.
- Collaboration with other professionals and school services.
- Qualified educators.
- Focus on independence and resilience.
About Our Director
Hi! My name is Alysha Griffiths and I am the owner of Breakaway Tuition.
I opened Breakaway Tuition in 2016 when I realised that there was a significant lack of educational assistance services in the Southern Highlands.
I am a passionate, enthusiastic and driven individual who truly believes in the power of education and what it allows our children to access throughout their lives.
- Over 8 years of teaching experience.
- 10 years experience teaching guitar, singing and piano.
- Passion for learning.
- Bachelor of Arts (English and History).
- Master of Teaching in Secondary Education.
- Qualified Tutor of the ATA.
- Working with Children’s Check.
I believe teachers should be mentors, beyond just delivering the content of the curriculum and this is an important focus of Breakaway Tuition and that which our name was created upon.
From the outset of my business adventure, the only thing I have wanted to demonstrate to my students is that they CAN break away from EVERYTHING that they feel has always held them back. This means that if I think there is another avenue of assistance we need to look into, I will suggest this and guide the family through the process.
Learning is a bunch of puzzle pieces that all fit together. Each of these need to be addressed for learning to be optimised.
I want to show children that they are ALL special, talented, intelligent, unique and capable. I want my students and my tutors to work as a team TOGETHER. I want every child that enters our centre to feel COMFORTABLE and leave with CONFIDENCE and the knowledge that they can ACHIEVE everything that they dream about.